Thursday, April 15, 2010

What is a pod!?

Our pod is our home. It's actually a 2008 Mitsubishi Express SWB van that is about to be re-renovated to better suit our needs. I'll post some pictures later, but at the moment the pod is very basic. We have a design in mind that we're hoping will be both practical and spacious - well as spacious as a 1500mm x 2250mm space can be!

Pod boy and pod dog began living in the pod about ten months ago and have found it invigorating and grounding. Pod boy's loved being able to pick and choose where he sleeps each night and the constantly changing views outside the pod door are beautiful. Pod dog doesn't care where he sleeps or what the view's like so long as Pod boy is somewhere close and he has something to nibble on.

I don't currently live in the pod, but my heart is there. When I'm in the pod it's very cosy, and as I'm moving over in August the pod's interior needs to grow to accommodate the extra body and clothing.

Pod boy is based in Australia and I am in New Zealand. If we defined our housing situation it would have to be known as "van dwelling", this is a relatively common thing and is surprisingly comfortable.

Pod boy's about to rebuild the interior, I'm supervising from across the ocean. He enjoys it when I crack the whip, he often says "harder, please". We'll post some pictures soonish; but the blog won't really be under way until after August when I can officially call myself a pod person.

No comments:

Post a Comment