Thursday, April 22, 2010

good smells, bad smells

hey hey, omg work work and more work hence no blogging, thanks for all the encouragement from the comments, its really nice to feel like there's a community of like minded people. ive been reading other blogs and you tubing van dwelling and ... how do i say this ... are people really pooping in their vans???? cos thats a real no no in the pod, IT SMELLS and its not a good smell babys are a good smell and deep fried stuff lol but not deep fried babies lol.

i always park near a public toilet... (we don't always park right near one, usually within a ten minute walk: although Pod boy does like it better when we're close because he always walks with me to the loo in the middle of the night, and if we're super close it's better for the sleepy stumbling!)

ok now showers...

when i first started living in the pod i was soo lame i got a gym membership and showered there but sometimes it was shut and i couldnt have a shower and fuck if i dont go to bed clean i cant sleep, u see when i lived in a house i showered 3 or 4 times a day, when i got up, when i came home from work and just before i went to bed and if i got "dirty " at night ;)-
so it was a real adjustment to go to one a day..
it took me some time to find free showers and it wasnt untill i went north over Xmas that i really undersood about pod life, but thats for another blog. (I promise I will do a couple of blogs about that trip, Pod boy's right it was the beginning of us both understanding what vandwelling is all about)
now back to public showers and toilets the only problem with them is they're public and at night they can be a little creepy, so if ur going to go and u see some one here be prepared to get "Mr chow " on their asses and if u dont know what that means check out this link (baby doll insert link here - done darling) lol its a safe bet their just as freaked to see u there at 3 am as u are to see them but a little paranoia can be a good thing. BUT always follow the simple rules of public toilet usage
1 look a little disturbed (most people wont fuck with u if u look like uve got more problems than thay do)
2 never take ur wallet (i also leave my keys with the cock dog opps pod dog, and let me tell u no one will put a fuck on him )
3 be Quick dont stop to look at the graffiti or admire the moon (and if u see 2 moons run). I actually tend to stop and admire the writing on the wall, it's always good to know I have options should the pod cause us three peas to boil over: Bob who likes girls can expect a call from me!
4 only go if u really need to (usually I lay awake for a while looking at the sky trying to work out whether I truly need to wake Pod boy or not...then when I do wake him it's urgent and I get in trouble for not waking him sooner - he's a scary person to wake up!)
5 pick ur parks, some public toilets will be known beats (a slang term in the gay community - a place for gay men to go and have anonymous sex and also to get beaten up by red necks.) not a good place to be at 3 in the morning. I have yet to see any of these places, I tend to believe they don't really exist - but I like having a naive view of the world!

o yer man im tired...

sometimes i wash with buckets lol cold water and lots of it. after about the 10th buket over my head i feel clen enough to sleep lol It cracks me up when Pod boy tells me he's had a "bucket wash", normally it's at the end of a long hot day at work and he just can't face getting in the van all covered in dust. He then usually drives to the showers to have yet ANOTHER one! I must say, however, that I too enjoy a good bucket of water over my head: I'll write about this a bit more in a later blog.

any way crick's asleep i can hear her snoring on the other end of skype (man i love her), she will edit this tomorrow and probably write one herself shes been at placement all week.

ok see yas and remember good smells are what every one wants.
love and freedom to all and a happy whatever u can get.

Pod boy was freaked out the other night when I eventually got home from work, he had been reading something and the person had suggested using plastic bags and kitty litter as a legitimate toilet...that's more what he was meaning about having the toilet in the van. We're thinking of getting a much bigger pod and we will definitely have a self contained toilet in it, no kitty litter EVER though!

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Okay, that was seriously funny :) Seriously though, if you have a decent bathroom setup, no smells! We have a regular RV style toilet with a holding tank that has a vent run out the top of the van. The water in the bowl is a seal to keep the smell from the cabin. It works perfectly! We have hot showers as well. I imagine adding these things to the pod might be a bit of a trick, but I am convinced anything is possible and with your construction skills I bet you could do it :)

    Looking disturbed works for a lot of things! Great blog!

    -Mike & Heidi
    97 Roadtrek 170P "Taj Ma Trek"
    HTTP://WWW.VanTramps.Com

    ReplyDelete